Spring Weather is on its Way!

Earlier this month when Phil the groundhog emerged from his winter hidey hole and did not scare himself with his shadow, it gave me hope that warmer weather would quickly upon us. With how impatient I can be and my hopes for weather to break being at an all time high I have been less than excited with the recent weather we've been having here in Ada. none the less my excitement for warmer weather and time spent outdoors with friends will continue until it happens.
Spring in Ada is an interesting thing, and it is likely similar on all college campuses, in the colder months its as if all of the students become recluses and spend all if not the majority of their time inside. Which honestly I can't say I blame them and actually I do the same exact thing. The frigid winters here in Ada are like nothing I have ever experienced before which likely doesn't mean a whole lot coming from a Texas boy but folks up here hate the cold just as much as we do down south, but the slow shift from the cold winter to the warm colorful spring is a welcome occurrence for everyone. 
 The transformation this campus takes from chilly winter days to sunny, warm spring days is incredible to see and it seems that it happens almost over night.  One day we'll have snow and ice on the ground  and boom the next day the trees on campus are flowering, hammocks are being strung from tree to tree, blankets are being laid out, and the frisbee is being thrown around the tundra. From a seemingly lifeless quad to a lush green lawn being enjoy by many in just a matter of days, the thought has my hopes for warmer weather creeping higher and higher.
With the harsh winters here in Ada I think we all really look forward to the first few nice warm spring days of the year. The nice weather really helps mine and many others mood and encourages people to spend some time with friends outside. I know I'm ready for spring, are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media for Strategic Communication Recap

Fake News in Sri Lanka